We know everyone is feeling the effects of higher prices everywhere we turn – at the grocery store, at the pump, utility rates, housing rates etc. It is very frustrating for sure but there is GOOD news. There are many ways to save money.
Sometimes we forget that our budgets can still be very much in our control. When things are doing well, we tend to throw caution to the wind and forget the small changes we can make to save money. Therefore, we allow higher prices and convenience to dictate the way we spend our money.
We wanted to pull some quick tips together to share with you to help ease not only the financial burden but also the emotional toll inflation can take on you and your family.
1. One of the easiest ways to control what you are spending is to TRACK it!
- Good Budget App
These are three apps that you can download right to your phone that are highly recommended by financial experts! There are other apps as well.
2. Fuel prices really hit the people who TRAVEL FOR A LIVING! We are thankful for the ability to reimburse our team for their mileage. We have had several travelers asking for higher stipends due to the increased fuel costs and, we would love to see the Federal Government raise the cents per mile to match what has happened with insanely high fuel prices but until that happens, we are unable to do more than we are. Until then, check out the following as options to save in fuel costs.
- Gas Buddy App
- Gas Guru
- AAA Trip Tik Travel Planner
Again, there are other apps but these three are proven winners we have heard about from our team and also recommended by financial experts.
3. Everyone has to eat! Grocery costs going up affect not just what you buy at the store but the costs for the mom-and-pop diners that are just trying to get by. Those dinner tickets at your local watering holes and eating establishments are going up and that leaves many people wondering if they can even afford to patronize those establishments. Here are some great ways to save money and continue to enjoy eating out.
- Plan your meals! Make a grocery list and menu!
- Choose the days you want to eat out and maybe opt for the special deal on those days.
- If you eat lunch out every day, try packing your lunch a few days and eat out others.
These are just a few ways to get control over your expenses and fight inflation. We hope you will share these and any others you may know with others who are worried. We can all help each other!