To say it’s been a challenging year is an understatement. Our travel nurses have been greatly impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. Throughout it, our team stayed, and continues to stay strong.
One of the things about our elite team, is that we find the good, even in times of adversity.
As the Thanksgiving holiday approaches, here are 11 things we are thankful for…
1. We are thankful that in 2020 we survived the chaos that went into this year – starting with Covid-19 and ending with the Presidential Election.
2. We are thankful the World Health Organization chose to make 2020 the “Year of the Nurse.” This is such a deserved recognition in a year where our team (and nurses everywhere) was repeatedly called on to go above and beyond the norm. We are so proud of our Elite Team!
3. We are so grateful for our internal office team. 2020 has had its share of “chaotic” in it. But, throughout it all, we worked together as a strong team.
4. We are so thankful we were deemed essential business and only had to modify the way we worked during the initial coronavirus shutdown.
5. We are grateful that we maintained a healthy team – both in the field and in the office.
6. We are grateful there are only 49 days from November 1 (time fell back) to December 21 (shortest day of the year) – that is when the days start to gradually get longer and the “lights” come back on in the evening.
7. We are thankful that, through our efforts with the Fidelity On Call Food Fight, we were able to provide $36,000 of food to people in our community. That is a huge impact!
8. We are thankful for our family and friends who love, support and encourage us on a daily basis.
9. We are thankful for a break in the day when we actually get lunch.
10. We are grateful for days when we don’t have to set an alarm.
11. And, for our last “thank you” we are so totally grateful that come Thanksgiving, 2020 will be over in 35 days!